A chicken nugget is a molded piece of chicken product, breaded or battered, then fried or baked.
Typically, people like to deep fry their nuggets in vegetable oil. Baking at home is for all those who believe in a more healthy method of cooking.
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 1/2 tablespoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 boneless chicken breasts halves cut into bite-sized cubes
- 2 slices toasted mixed grain bread
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 3 egg whites, lightly beaten
- Combine lemon juice, water, rosemary, garlic, Tabasco and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl.
- Stir in the chicken cubes and cover it. Let it chill for 6 to 8 hours or overnight.
- In a blender or food processor, grind toast to coarse crumbs.
- Put the crumbs into a small bowl; stir in the almonds.
- Lift the chicken from the marinade; roll in the egg whites, then in the crumb mixture to coat evenly.
- Place on a baking sheet or paper.
- Bake the chicken nuggets at 400° for 10 to 12 minutes.
Serve hot or cold.
This recipe for chicken nuggets can be used for 4 servings.