You don’t have to wait for a cold winter day to enjoy a homemade beef pot roast.
Yes, baking a pot roast in the oven can really warm up the house on those cool fall and winter days. But in the warm months you can put your slow cooker out on the porch, or in the garage and leave the heat outside. The best thing about a slow cooker pot roast is, you have a melt in your mouth beef roast cooked to perfection, with no burning or dryness. The beef broth and vegetables provide the finishing touch to this this a great comfort food.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 8 hours
- 2-3 pound sirloin beef roast
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cups beef broth
- 4- 5 carrots
- 4-5 potatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon beef seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ tablespoon pepper
1. Brown roast on all sides in pan with oil.
2. Place browned roast in slow cooker.
3. Peel and cut carrots and add to cooker.
4. Peel potatoes and place in cooker.
5. Peel onion, slice in half and add.
6. Pour beef broth over meat and vegetables.
7. Add salt and pepper according to taste.
8. Sprinkle with beef seasoning, cover.
9. Cook on high for 6-8 hours.