Potato salad is one of the cool side dishes many prefer.
It is a salad not only for picnics in warm weather, but it is good served as a side dish all year. This recipe is simple to make and has that homemade flavor.
Cooking time: 12 minutes
Preparation time: 20 minutes
- 5 pounds potatoes
- 8 eggs
- 1 onion
- 2 cups sweet relish
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Boil potatoes for about 12 minutes, rinse with cool water, and allow to cool.
2. Bring eggs to a boil, cover, turn off heat, and wait for 12 minutes, rinse with cool water.
3. Peal, and chop potatoes & eggs into bite size pieces.
4. Cut onions into small pieces and add to potatoes and eggs.
5. Stir in relish, mayonnaise, and salt and pepper, mix well.